The NXT Project
THE NXT PROJECTNXT – Making a Living from the Arts is a 3-year project co-funded by the EU Creative Europe programme (formerly known as NE©XT Accelerator), that started on 1 May 2015 and will continue until 30 April 2018.
ELIA – The European League of Institutes of the Arts is the project's main coordinator working in collaboration with 25 partners from 15 countries. Please view the full list of partners here.
ELIA is the major multidisciplinary membership organisation for higher arts education institutions with about 250 members in 49 countries. Founded in 1990, the ELIA network represents some 300,000 students in all art disciplines.
ELIA advocates the arts on the European level and creates new opportunities for its members through sharing knowledge, facilitating the exchange of best practices and stimulating academic innovation.
The main aims of the project are:
- Support the career development of emerging artists and facilitate their international mobility;
- Connect young artists with cultural and creative sectors and (creative) business;
- Make creative hubs and incubators more sustainable and facilitate their international exchange and collaboration;
- Support the exchange of best practices between higher arts education institutions in the field of cultural entrepreneurship.
- A desk research, which aims to deepen the knowledge on hubs and incubators in Europe and highlight entrepreneurial curricula and hubs developed by educational institutions in the arts. At the moment,15 case studies are in development and will be published on the NXT-CREATIVES website.
- 3 live and online editions of the festival NEU NOW;
- A cycle of trainings for emerging artists, cultural entrepreneurs and incubators managers organized during each of the three festival editions (2015 – 2016 – 2017) and in four different locations (Belgrade, Riga, Tirana, Tiblisi);
- A Residency programme in 2016: 5 international artists attended a multidisciplinary programme in Amsterdam between April and June 2016 as part of the Europe by People programme;
- A Residency programme in 2017: hosted by the Academy of Fine Arts Vienna, in cooperation with Make Yourself an Expert HUB 2017 and the Centre for Knowledge Transfer East;
- 3 international events:
- ELIA Biennial Conference in Florence, 30 November - 3 December 2016
- NXT – Making a Living from the Arts Conference, September 2017 in Amsterdam, hosted by AHK – Amsterdam University of the Arts
- NXT – Making a Living from the Arts in 2025, 12 April 2018 in Brussels.